Monday, October 6, 2008

Preparations

Wow. After planning this trip for over a year, I can't believe that I am leaving on a plane in 48 hours. A seven-week trip abroad takes a lot of planning and preparation. Not since I went to study in Germany 25 years ago have I had to prepare for such a long time somewhere. I can't imagine preparing for this trip while working full time. Taking several weeks of vacation before leaving was worth it.

So, on this trip I decided to bring my laptop, since I have wifi in my apartment in Buenos Aires. My god, what a lot of work this has required. I mean, my laptop has never gone out of my house before, let alone on a plane and to another continent. So, I had to back up data, remove data, buy firewall coverage, download skype, badger Marc to download skype on his laptop, get a headset, get an adapter, go to a cafe up the street to be sure I know how to log on, and finally, set up this blog.

No comments: