Friday, October 10, 2008

Porteno (Portena?)


The last 30 hours have been very exciting and challenging. After arriving in Buenos Aires two and a half hours late, I got into my apartment around noon yesterday. After being shown around, I was on my own. Okayyyyy. It took me a while to get the internet connection. Then, I couldn't get the elevator to work, so I decided to just always take the stairs - I am only on the 2nd floor. Then, this morning, after going to the grocery store, it took me a while to get the stove working to make espresso. This stove requires a flame, but I couldn't find any matches. Drat, I love my morning espresso. Then I found one of those flaming gizmos, the kind we use for barbeques. Yes! Finally, espresso. The washer and dryer are on the 8th floor of the building, by the terrace, which is lovely. However, I don't know how to work the elevator, so I guess I will walk up.....

No comments: