Sunday, November 23, 2008

McDonald's Auto Mac


There are many McDonald's in BA (of course). The burgers cost about what they do in the US, which means they are not a bargain, unlike other restaurant meals in BA. However, they always seem to be busy all day long. The menu is pretty similar, but the are some signature items created by some "chef", whose name and picture appear on adverts in the windows. Not sure what those are because I haven't paid a lot of attention. However, I was tempted to eat at McDonald's in Montevideo, Uruguay while waiting for the bus to Punta del Este, because I was curious how the meat tasted. Does it taste better than in the States, as has been true of all the beef I have eaten so far in Argentina? In the end, I decided to eat local and bought some empanadas.

A few weeks ago, I was walking on a major shopping street near my house, Avenida Colonal Diaz, when I was shocked to see a McDonald's drive in, called the "Auto Mac". It made some sense since Diaz is a one-way street, as most in BA are, and carries a lot of traffic. However, the restaurant was busy at about 8 pm but no one was using the drive through. Here are some snaps.

No comments: